Sign in to follow this  
bali

Feature Media Max Width Only 460px?

bali

I've been looking all through the forums and can't find an answer to this. I want to make the Feature Media (using Flash in this case) full-width (960px?), and not have Feature Title + Feature Text space. I can't see how or where to change the code to make a Feature Media (Flash or Image) full width, there is always the Feature Title & Feature Text area there on the left, and the Media area is only 460px wide?

chris

Hm..found a workaround. When set a featured background file (#fff url(image.gif)) in correct size, in my case 958x390px that will display. But that will only display if also set a picture in feature media code. If set there no additional picture, complete feature will not shown at frontpage. How can i fix that? As a workaround i create a 1x1px PNG with transparency and set in in the feature media code. Perhaps anyone have another idea?

bali

@chris Interesting workaround, works for images. Does anyone know if it is possible to make feature media with Flash at full width??? I can get it to fit in the right 460px side, but can anyone enlighten me as to how to make an .swf fit full page?

jnoh

@chris, that's a great workaround. I you have no data entered in the feature title, text, and media, the theme thinks that there is no feature there at all and doesn't display. I think you're workaround is perfect. @bali, We can edit the feature css so that the .swf fills the whole feature area. Did you want every feature panel to be filled?

bali

@jnoh, that would be great, thanks! whatever is easiest, if every feature panel is filled, that's more than fine.

jnoh

Add that to the Custom CSS Code section:

#feature .fcontent {display:none}
	#feature .fmedia {
	float:left;
	height:340px;
	margin:20px 20px;
	overflow:hidden;
	width:920px;
	}

Let me know if that works.