Sign in to follow this  
daverogers

PHP in feature box

Guest Guest

I don't believe so... what are you looking to accomplish by using PHP in the feature area?

daverogers

its a now playing code for my web stream. You can see it in the widget at the footer here recordheadz Bu I want it to be used in a feature box above the content not below.

daverogers

Also you cant use short tags n the boxes either just html is this true?

kastelic

You can use shortcodes I believe. If you want to add php code to a post or anything in Wordpress you either have to put it directly in the template file or use a plugin that gives you a little shortcode to wrap around your code. Here's one I found: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/exec-php/

nikkikershner

I think I might have a similar issue, but I'm not positive. I'll go ahead and say I am a designer and very beginner coder (hence why I'm working off templates created by coding novelists). I'm using 1and1.com hosting and I keep getting a PHP versioning error (says I'm on v 4.4.9 and need 5 or higher)when trying to set up the feature box. I went through updating the .htaccess file, chatted with the far far away support at 1and1.com and they're now telling me that the PHP is Parsed and that its an error on my template_feature.php file. I had the feature box working previously on another hosting server, so I'm not too sure I believe this. Can anyone relate?

catrina

From my experience, PHP hasn't always played nicely in certain places, but sometimes shortcodes do.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bryan-hadaway

Hi Dave, I thought I remembered Exec-PHP working for others? What is the php code you're trying to use? What happens when saving and viewing site? Error? Shows part of something? Shows code in plain text? Shows nothing? Thanks, Bryan