Sign in to follow this  
tuanma

Comment Section Looks Different

catrina

The comment section looks entirely different because the PlatformPro Demo uses the Disqus comment platform instead of the default WordPress comments. Would you like to use Disqus instead or edit the comment section styling so that it looks like the Disqus format?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tuanma

I've install disqus, however, the title of each article displays "view comments comments". How do I remove one of the "comments"?

catrina

I don't see any text of that sort on your blog. Are you referring to the comment links in each post on the main page?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tuanma

Actually, it disappeared overnight. Now it's missing the # comments under the title. Do you know how I get that back?

Guest Guest

Is the comments radio box checked off under "Post Byline Information" in the Blog/Post section of the PlatformPro settings?

tuanma

Thanks Tyler. But now it has the problem I had earlier: I've install disqus, however, the title of each article displays "view comments comments".

Guest Guest

Ah, this is an old bug I've come across before. Open up the disqus.php file in the plugin folder and find this line: return '<span class="dsq-postid" rel="'.htmlspecialchars(dsq_identifier_for_post($post)).'">View Comments</span>'; To fix this, simply replace View Comments with '.$comment_text.' Make sure to copy that exactly, or it wont display properly.

tuanma

Hi Tyler, I went into: disqus-comment-system/disqus.php , however, I could not find that line of text. Do you know where it might be?

Guest Guest

I believe it is around line 705, here is the full section:

function dsq_comments_text($comment_text) {
		global $post;

if ( dsq_can_replace() ) {
			return '<span class="dsq-postid" rel="'.htmlspecialchars(dsq_identifier_for_post($post)).'">View Comments</span>';
		} else {
			return $comment_text;
		}
	}

What text editor are you using? Try doing a control f and search "View Comments" to find the right line of code.

tuanma

Hi Tyler, I found the code and modified it with the following: if ( dsq_can_replace() ) { return '<span class="dsq-postid" rel="'.htmlspecialchars(dsq_identifier_for_post($post)).'">.$comment_text.</span>'; But the line now shows: by LEWIS DAWSON on FEBRUARY 18, 2011 11:29 AM ?· .$COMMENT_TEXT. COMMENTS

Guest Guest

Hmmm, ok I guess that fix is no longer relevant. Revert back to the original code with the "view comments" instead of what I had you change it to and try this in custom CSS:

.dsq-postid {display:none;}

tuanma

Will this display the # comments in the byline.

tuanma

I tried the comment and it doesn't count disqus' comments.

reubenleeb

I think Tuan may have left off the single quote: They have: .$comment_text. You said to put: '.$comment_text.' Not sure if that majes a diff. : )