Sign in to follow this  
reubenleeb

How to extend the background color (black) of the feature area to entire width

reubenleeb

On an unrelated request ( grin ), what css code do I need to make the feature background color ( black ), extend the full width of the webpage, beyond the feature itself? Thx again. : ) reuben lee

reubenleeb

...As well as, do the same for the "header" as well. But just a diff color and/or background. thx.

cmunns

Use this CSS in the custom code - custom css box in the PP settings panel `#feature {background:#000;}`

reubenleeb

Thx. :) I tried this and all that seems to do is put a black background within the feature section it self, not the whole width of the page where the feature is. Is this a case of having to add an image to the left and right of the feature section? Or? thx again. :)

Guest Guest

Are you using the fixed width or full width design? Can we get a link to your page?

reubenleeb

Thx. We are using th Full-Width Mode With Canvas. rlb : )

reubenleeb

Holy Crap! LOL I see what this is....this is how your Eco Theme's CSS is. hmmm....... We are using the Platform Pro (dev) with the Base as active theme. So how can I have our feature section AND NAV section look like the eco feature AND NAV section? I would settle for just the Feature looking that way for now. Is this just a matter of moving the CSS for the feature section from the eco theme? Thanks big time!! :D Reuben Lee

Kate

Hi Reuben - Are you sure you don't have it as a fixed width? In the CSS, .fixed_width #page, .fixed_width #footer, and .canvas #page-canvas all have a width of 1020px. So, please check that first. Also, which areas exactly do you want black, please? Behind the picture and the callout?

reubenleeb

I'm sure. It says in the in the Design Control: Full-Width Mode With Canvas Also, here is a better page to look at using the feature sliders: http://my.fellowshipchicago.com/ I see what this is....this is how your Eco Theme's CSS "Feature" area that we are trying to mimic using a full width in that area. Also i see that eco theme feature area uses images that are attached to the right and left. What do we have t change to allow that effect?

reubenleeb

hmmm... not quite.... I'm playing around with adding a background image but of course it adds it to the whole site. I just need for certain areas like the ECO theme. hmmmm still working on it.... :D

reubenleeb

Nevermind. :D I got it. I played around with images and CSS. Thx. :)

scottlasak

Anyone care to post how to achieve this full width wrapping for sections like the feature slider? I'm interesting in doing it as well on the Pageline Pro theme. Kind regards!