Sign in to follow this  
lmmolitor

Feature Area Questions

lmmolitor

I have a couple different questions regarding the feature area in Platform Pro: 1) how do you expand the width of the text area in the feature area 2) is there a way to change the color of the overlay behind the text from black to another color?

bryan-hadaway

1. Yes. How wide? 2. Yes. What color? Let's get a link. Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

` body #feature_slider .fcontent{width:40%} body #feature-area .fcontainer{background:none #6AB1FD} ` Thanks, Bryan

lmmolitor

Thanks Bryan - the color change seemed to apply to the background, not the "transparent film" that the text area sits in over the image area ... how would i change that?

lmmolitor

sorry, one more quick question on this same area - how would i change the color of the "more" button included in that same copy area?

cmunns

That film is a transparent image defined here: ` #feature_slider .fcontent { background: url( black60.png); } ` You would have to swap out for a new transparent image. Do you know how to do that?

lmmolitor

thanks cmunnns, no i don't know how to do that if you could tell me how, that would be great :)

catrina

Hey Liz, Do you have an image editing program that you can use to change the transparent image? As for the "More" button, you can change the colors by adding this code to the base.css file:

span.pagelines-blink-pad {color: #TEXTCOLOR; background-color: #COLOR;}

Let me know if need help changing it to suit your needs.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

lmmolitor

Hey Catrina - no i don't have image editing program. can you suggest a free one i could try? also how/where do i go to swap out the image after i create one?

bryan-hadaway
http://www.gimp.org/ is probably the most popular free graphics editor. However, I'm going to as a courtesy throw in some extra help. - Download this file: http://www.bryanhadaway.com/testing/trans.zip - something I created and use personally. - Unzip it and upload trans.php to your site, not sure if the Media upload will allow it or if you'll have to use FTP. - However you upload it, note the URL. - Now use the following CSS (changing the URL to the actual) ` body #feature_slider .fcontent { background: url(http://www.greenbankdevelopment.com/trans.php?color=6AB1FD&trans=50); } ` of course leaving `?color=6AB1FD&trans=50` on the end. As you can see you can adjust the color and transparent level, you can use this technique over and over for anything else too. Thanks, Bryan