Sign in to follow this  
tsays

EcoPro - Custom CSS not working

tsays

I've made several modifications to my Custom CSS, but none are taking effect. I've saved the options page and refreshed my site. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

bryan-hadaway

Let's get a link and by not working do you mean it won't save and leaves the textarea blank or do you mean your CSS is not having it's intended effect? Can you post your CSS and let us know what you're trying to accomplish with it? Thanks, Bryan

tsays

Bryan - Thanks for your help. When I am using the custom CSS, the coding doesn't seem to be taking effect. Here's the link http://styrophobia.akamai-marketing.com/ Here's one set of code I am using to change the color of the numbers of the slider: font-family:arial; padding: 4px 8px 4px; margin-right: 7px; font-size: 12px; color: #666666; background: #FFFFFF;} Also, trying to change the spacing around the "More" link on Slider 2: #Changing_Hawaii_One_Plate_Lunch_at_a_Time .flink{margin-top:-10px;}

bryan-hadaway

Okay, can to post all your CSS from the Custom CSS field as is so I can have a look at it and maybe clean it up. Thanks, Bryan

tsays

Hi Bryan: content #feature{color: #1D6209} #content h1, h2, h3{color: #1D6209;} .content #feature{height:325px} #spotlight .#footer { background: url(("../images/spotlight-shadow-bottom.png") repeat-x scroll center top transparent; } #spotlight .effect, #footer .effect { background:url("../images/eco-bg-spotlight.jpg") repeat scroll center top transparent } #featurenav a, span.playpause{ font-family:arial; padding: 4px 8px 4px; margin-right: 7px; font-size: 12px; color: #666666; background: #FFFFFF;} #Changing_Hawaii_One_Plate_Lunch_at_a_Time .flink{margin-top:-10px;}

bryan-hadaway

Okay try this: ` body #content #feature{ color:#1D6209; height:325px} body #content h1, h2, h3{color:#1D6209} body #spotlight .#footer{ background:url(../images/spotlight-shadow-bottom.png) repeat-x scroll center top transparent} body #spotlight .effect, body #footer .effect{ background:url(../images/eco-bg-spotlight.jpg) repeat scroll center top transparent} body #featurenav a, body span.playpause{ font-family:arial; padding:4px 8px 4px; margin-right:7px; font-size:12px; color:#666; background:#fff} #Changing_Hawaii_One_Plate_Lunch_at_a_Time .flink{margin-top:-10px} ` There were some definite errors I fixed and few other thing I'm not sure about, if the image calls will work and I really have no idea if this is real: `#Changing_Hawaii_One_Plate_Lunch_at_a_Time .flink{margin-top:-10px}` ? Did you actually get that from the code or was it something you just guessed on? In the future you can check your CSS for errors here: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ And your HTML markup here: http://validator.w3.org/ Thanks, Bryan

tsays

Hi Bryan - Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it. I got this code:

#Changing_Hawaii_One_Plate_Lunch_at_a_Time .flink{margin-top:-10px} ?

from another posting requesting help because the 2nd slider's "More" button is pushed so close to the numbers. Any suggestions?

bryan-hadaway

Actually, that CSS should indeed work... just never saw such a big ID before, seemed a little odd :). Thanks, Bryan