Sign in to follow this  
alexqw

How to change layout of main page

alexqw

I feel like this is a really basic question. I've read through the docs and understand how templates and sections work. I'm able to make changes to templates just fine. However, I cannot seem to make changes to the main page. I feel like I must be missing some small piece of terminology. In the end, the main page will be pretty different from the secondary pages, so close control over it is important. ---Alex

cmunns

Are you talking about the blog page. Most meta settings for that are in the PlatformPro settings panel. The next version will have a specific layout picker for that page as well

alexqw

Thanks for responding. What I'm talking about is the page at the root of the site. We're less interested in using wordpress for its blog features (though we will be using it) and more for its static pages. Thus the main page will not really be about the most recent posts. I initially thought it was the "default page" in templates, but that's not the case. I'll keep poking around to see if I can tweak what I want with those settings. Are there any other options that you're aware of to customize the layout on the main page? Jumping into CSS, HTML, and PHP isn't a problem for me, so that is an option if there's nothing available through the web UI in this version. ---Alex

alexqw

So I somewhat solved my problem. I followed the direction suggested in this thread. Basically I created a page, went to Settings->Reading and set the Front Page to a Static page. Then on that main page, I'm applying a template to it that I'm not using on any other pages - ultimately creating a unique and configurable main page. ---Alex

oyvind

So there's no way do take all posts off the main page with the theme? I also thought the "Default page" under "Template setup" was the way to go. But even after removing "Content area" blog posts show up on the front page.

strength

This is what I could not understand either. I also want to use Page Lines not as a Blog website and need to be able to remove any links on the main page to this