Sign in to follow this  
rich251076

IE 6 AND 7 ALIGNMENT AND BORDER ISSUES PAGE BODY AND BOXES OUT OF THE BOX.

rich251076

Hi, I have been working through some Explorer bugs with: RNBBARRETT.COM Right now I am down to two bugs, both of which I see without any custom CSS being added: IE6 Adds a black 1PX border to page content on the left and right. BF5Lu.png IE7 Omits the border but misaligns the boxes causing text content to splay onto the background, also pixelating a couple of images. pKPJi.png I have tested the page for errors in the usual tools and don't see where its falling down. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me in adjusting the default page body and box body to remove these border and prevent text skewing off the page. Thank you Rich

Kate

Hi Rich - Have you tried explicitly stating the width of that particular section in your CSS (custom code)? That may take care of the IE issue(s).

rich251076

Hi Kate, Thanks for the feedback. Specifying the width helped the IE7 issue but misaligned things in Chrome and FFox. It didn't do a thing for IE6 border lines that are appearing. It's driving me crazy because I this is a proof of concept for a client that believes IE is the be all and end all and doesn't want to update their client :(

bryan-hadaway

That's a tough one as we're close to moving onto IE9. I couldn't even test on IE6 if I wanted and something like: http://browsershots.org/ doesn't cut it. Have you tried simply making the fixed width just a little wider? Thanks, Bryan

rich251076

Yes, if I set the width a little wider the border also appears - this is with Pagelines out of the box with IE6. Any more thoughts would be appreciated as the clients telling me this is a show stopper for them. I know IE6 is dead but the clients office runs older machines and I am facing the fact that if they can't see it right its a no go unfortunately :(

kastelic

Try this CSS rule for the ie6 border issue:

#page-main .content {border:none;}
or
#page-main .content {border-color:white;}
If you need it to only target IE6 use the "star html" hack:
* html #page-main .content {border-color:white;}

rich251076

Thank you so much. Kare specifying page width a little larger than needed helped IE7 display boxes almost correctly (which is good enough for me). #page-main .content { width: 810px; } Jimmy, turning off borders worked using the targetted IE rule: * html #page-main .content {border-color:white;} Thank you much! Rich