Sign in to follow this  
lmmolitor

adding sub nav /or tabs to content area on page

lmmolitor

I'm trying to figure out how to add either a sub navigation &/or tabbed navigation area to the page content area. As you can see on other home builder sites (http://www.simmonshomes.com/southwoods / , http://www.riegerhomes.com/neighborhood_overview.php?com=8) for each community they develop, they include information on local schools, the neighborhood, maps, etc. in a tabbed structure inline on the same page, without taking you to an entirely new page. Can you suggest any way to accomplish this on Platform pro without it looking too hokey? I'm ok I'd prefer a horizontal structure under the main image area on my main community landing page - see example here http://www.greenbankdevelopment.com/communities/terrace-creek-mountlake-terrace-wa/. Any help would be MUCH appreciated, as always :)

Kate

Hi Liz - If the subnav you're creating will be related to the main page, then you can simply add those pages as subpage. They'll automatically appear as a subnav (assuming you've selected this option in your settings).

lmmolitor

hey Kate - the subnav won't be related to the main page, I'm essentially trying to create some sort of visual, tabbed insert for the page that holds information specific to that page only. We build communities of homes and i just want to show on a specific communities main page information in those tabs relative to that community only (i.e. a map on one page, home owners detail on another, a list of schools in the area of that specific community, etc.) Any thoughts?

bryan-hadaway

It would probably make the most sense to just manually add one in: `Link | Link | Link` If you give me an idea of the link URLs, anchor text and how this is suppose to fit in I could give a hand. Thanks, Bryan

cas45

Perhaps a category widget might work as well. If the post and its sub pages all shared the same category. Something like this.

lmmolitor

Thanks Caroline! I'll check the category widget out! Interestingly, when i went to the page to look at it, I noticed the tabbed menu used by wordpress on all their plugin pages ... Description / Installation / Screenshots / Changelog / Stats When you click on any of them it shows the content directly below inline on the page --- that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for! Anyone know of any plugins that can accomplish that?