Sign in to follow this  
lmmolitor

Image Viewer Thumbnail Filmstrip

lmmolitor

I've been working really hard to try to use the NextGen gallery on my pages to display a main image at 400x300 with a thumbnail film strip of additional images but don't think it's possible. Do you have any suggestions on what other plugin(s) i might be able to use to accomplish this? I tried NextGEN Smooth Gallery but that created a problem where my drop down menus were not working for some reason so now i'm looking for another option.

bryan-hadaway

Perhaps setup your original gallery as you had it originally and then update me with the link and I may be able to style it up with CSS. Thanks, Bryan

lmmolitor

Hey Bryan - i can't get it set up like it was because i was using the smooth gallery plugin, which i had to disable because it was causing my drop down menus not to work. Are you suggesting I put the smooth gallery back in and you'll troubleshoot the navigation issue? For now, i've left the NextGen Imagebrowser in because that seems to be the best I can get ... i just need to figure out how to (A) resize & top align it to site side by side with the address, price range & size range at the top of the content area at a size of about 300x400 and (B) how to add a thumbnail filmstrip to show additional images. At the moment I have the thumbnail images from the nextgen gallery image list option showing, but I don't think this is the best approach. -liz

lmmolitor

Hey Brian - Using the code you provided in a separate thread, i was able to get (A) above - the resizing & alignment issue figured out and now just need help figuring out what to use &/or how to make my image viewer/gallery work best so that you see can see/preview additional image thumbnails for select properties in addition to the main feature image! thanks in advance for any help you can provide with this!

lmmolitor

Hey Kate - here's the link http://www.greenbankdevelopment.com/communities/solus-at-the-highlands-kirkland-wa/ I'm trying to replace the NextGen imagebrowers image (the main one at top of page) with something that displays a main image w/thumbnails of other images viewers can hover over/open. I don't want it to autoplay however, i want it to be contolled by the viewer Any suggestions?

lmmolitor

thanks bryan - i've tried several of them and keep having issues, i was hoping you guys would be able to recommend one given that smooth gallery isn't working for me?