Sign in to follow this  
lmmolitor

How do you make Boxes fit into Content Area w/o Spanning under Sidebar?

bryan-hadaway

` .dcol_2 { float: left; margin-left: 20px; width: 200px; } #soapbox .clear{display:none} ` Let's try this in Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan

lmmolitor

i'm ok with them being in 2 rows, 3 top / 2 bottom - so they don't run under the sidebar - is that doable?

cmunns

You would change this CSS: ` .page-id-140 .dcol_container_2 { width: 635px; } ` adjust the width accordingly

lmmolitor

thx cmunns ... few clarification questions 1) do i need to remove the earlier code bryan suggested i add to the css to make the new code you forwarded work? 2) i went ahead and added what you sent w/o removing what bryan had sent earlier and i'm still having the same issue ... tried playing with the width but it didn't seam to do anything. Right now here is everything pasted from my custom CSS section in hopes that it might help you help me to pinpoint the issue? .dcol_2 { float: left; margin-left: 20px; width: 200px; } #soapbox .clear{display:none} #soapbox .content-pad{padding-top:0} #soapbox .dcol-pad{border:1px solid #dddddd;} #banners .banner-area { border: 1px solid #CCCCCC; margin-bottom: 10px; padding: 30px 0; } .page-id-140 .dcol_container_2 { width: 635px; }

lmmolitor

I should mention that I think the idea set up for the soapboxes on all of these pages would be 3 columns and as many rows necessary - depending on the # of soapboxes included.

bryan-hadaway

Yes, you want to add code additionally. What order sometimes is important. Things are starting to become a little difficult to keep track, probably for us both. We'll continue to assist as best we can. But, I'm not sure if you're in a rush, I thought it would be a good time to check if you were aware that you could hire a pro: http://www.pagelines.com/pros/ To handle the many customizations you have? Thanks, Bryan