Sign in to follow this  
ingame1

How to display main feature slider only in home page(posts page)

ingame1

Hi, my site's home page shows last entries and all other pages are posts pages as well sorted by categories; question is, how can i add the main slider to the home page only? Even, is it possible? Can't figure it out, if i add the slider to past pages i have it everywhere in the site. Thanks in advance for your help.

kastelic

Make a page called "home". Then go into settings->reading and set your blog page to 'static page' and select home. Now you can go to edit your home page, and over on the right under Pagelines Section Control, select the features box.

ingame1

Probably i'm missing something, i need to have last entries on my home, and if i set it to a static page how can i show them there?

ingame1

I did exactly what you just said but with no luck. How can last entries appear there? The page is empty(except the slide idd), under read options you can't set the same page as "home" and "last entries".

kastelic

Oh, sorry, got confused there. Leave "static" selected and select "home" for the Posts-page page and leave it on "-select-" for the front page. "home" will become the blog page as well as the home page.

ingame1

Ok Jimmy, that's correct, that way the page named "Home" i created is the home page and contains posts, but now can't get the slider appear on it, even if in the page template i select "feature page" and all the options in "template setup" seem ok. Really would like to get rid of it.

kastelic

Now in your template options, add the features box to the "posts page" template. Now for all post-pages you don't want the features to appear, go into them individually and select "hide features" in the righthand template settings box.

ingame1

Posts pages, how to go into them individually, i'm a bit confused. I got a solution in a similar topic posted today:

.category #feature{display:none}

Thanks Jimmy for your time anyway.