Sign in to follow this  
musicianwages

Blank bbPress pages

musicianwages

Hi all - I've read several postings on bbPress forums and these forums about the problem I'm having, but the discussions always cut off before the answer is revealed. I have deep integrated my WP and bbP installations correctly. I've uploaded the correct bbPress plugins and included the correct code in my bbpress.config file. When I visit my forums I get a black page. When I force the index.php file at the forum root I get the forum page correctly. For instance: www.mywebsite.com/forums/index.php The page comes up fine. Nothing else works. When I click a link for an inside page I get a blank page. I've tried commenting out the localization in my core.init.php file, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing. It doesn't seem to work. I know this has been a problem in the past - does anyone have the solution? I'm using PlatformPro, PlatformPro Base and Platform Forum.

musicianwages

Just an update - the plugin WP-Super Cache was creating the problem. There are others who have had a similar problem: Bug Found bbPress with WP-Super Cache I resolved the problem by not allowing WP-Super Cache to cache anything in the /forums/ folder. WP-Super Cache Settings > Advanced > Accepted Filenames & Rejected URIs I added the string /forums/ to the box of unauthorized strings and it seems to be working great now. Thanks!

theseoguy

Thanks a kazzillion David, I spent hours trying to figure this out and whola! You saved the day. Respect,