Sign in to follow this  
dwinter

platformpro feature thumb 50x30 title or alt text

dwinter

(sorry, category should have been set to platform pro) if this is repeated somewhere else, please point me to it. i might just suck at searching. anyway, because of the size of the buttons it's really hard to get nice looking text on the buttons, plus reading sucks. i decided to try reducing the images in each feature to 50x30 and they all look nice in my opinion, decent at least... but the problem is that anyone visiting the site will only see a small thumbnail picture of the slide and have no way of knowing what that slide is about before hand. what i would like to do is have a way of adding a title or alt tag to the thumbnail so if anyone hovers over a button it will show them the main title of the feature. i've looked everywhere but i don't see an easy way to accomplish this; in fact most posts are the exact opposite of what i want: they all seemed to have UNwanted alt/titles and had to use jscript to prevent them. i'm the exact opposite: i want them, even if i have to control them separately. it would really be cool if the thumb simply showed the title of the feature in the popup hint, that way it would all be automatic. again, my apologies if this turns out to be a duplicate post. i read through 3 pages of search results and nothing seemed to match. sample: http://2491.ati-1.com/

catrina

The feature thumbnails are displayed using {background-image} rather than tags, so they can't be hovered over for tooltips, but perhaps there is a workaround for it. Right now it looks like this: `` It's something that would have to be adjusted in the section.features.php file.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cmunns

Furthermore the nav is generated with jquery so the html controlling actually is an empty div. You would have to modify/add an option so it could be added with javascript, but it may be usable in general if you switched the a different nav mode since those images are so small.

dwinter

sadly i have no idea how to accomplish this or what to try. we definitely like the small images best, but it would be nice if the theme allowed us to simply type in a hint or if it automatically displayed the title of the feature.

dwinter

i will mark this issue as resolved soon because it is now fixed and working with "feature thumbs" in 1.3.0.2 and higher, just enter what you want in the bottom field of the feature settings: "Enter Feature Navigation Text (Names Nav Mode)". was this a fix? or was this an unexpected side effect? i hope it was a fix! the "(Names Nav Mode)" text is a bit misleading, it should say names or thumbs. and the changelog doesn't specifically call it out.