Sign in to follow this  
buddhistwhatson

highlight page

buddhistwhatson

hi; can someone please explain what highlights are, and how do i make a template and use it in a post or page. Is there any documentation for highlights? thanks

kastelic

Its a small section you can add to individual posts or pages that has a couple optional lines of text and/or a splash image. In Template Control pick a template (posts page, feature page, etc.) and drag the highlight box to it. Click save. Now go to a page with that template selected and edit your highlight options there.

wonderwoman

I must be missing something too, because it just looks like a normal page. I've added highlight between my carousel and content on the carousel template. I then assigned a page to be carousel. No difference can I see. Do you have some samples somewhere that can help me see what I'm missing?

Kate

@wonderwoman And you've input the text and/or image for the highlight section?

wonderwoman

Sorry to take so long to respond, Kate. Been distracted with customers but have a few minutes to spend on my own site again. I've played with this a little more and I *think* i understand highlight now (probably missed it in a video somewhere). Can you tell me if I'm right? Highlight creates a full width header, subhead and image are that you can use anywhere on a page. all three elements are beautifully centred. You can't put a highlight in the middle of content, rather between the various sections of the page. In the explanation text, it calls it a splash image. As a noob, I always thought a splash image was the image you see over a video. you usually click it to get the video to play. i think there's something more I'm not understanding - can you help?

bryan-hadaway

Let's see if I can break it down: Feature Slider: Slides to convey and navigate the main point and areas of the site in a flashy interactive way. Carousel: To display a gallery of latest photos or posts. Boxes: For multiple descriptions of different items, could be used for shopping cart items. Soapboxes: Like boxes, but more presentation; say for different membership levels or something of the like. Banners: Graphics, ads, sharing unique features or different options of something. Highlights: Unique page design to change it up, a special splash addition sure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splash_screen But really, that's just kind of an idea. You can use the PageLines features and settings however you like. Thanks, Bryan