Sign in to follow this  
tim4708

Page Order, Front Page, Posts Page

tim4708

Hello, Unfortunately, when I designed the "Homepage" for my website, I designed it on the "Posts Page." Is there anyway to move that content/appearance to the "Front Page"? Thank you. Tim

cmunns

Yes, just go to WP Settings - Reading and select a static home page...set the home page to the page you created already called "home" and assign the blog to another page. (you may have to create a blank page for this)

tim4708

Thanks, Adam. I tried to make the changes you suggested, but the appearance is still not right. My content is now on the "Blank" page. My "Home" page is now set as the "front page" which is good, but it lacks content.

tim4708

Thanks Catrina. That pretty much fixed it. The only remaining issue is that I would like to delete the first and third columns under "Contacts" which is now set as my "Posts Page." I am using "More Foot (3 columns)" under "Posts Page" in "Template Setup." I would also like to move the text in the middle column downward.

toddgold

for some reason when I go to my readings settings I don't have the option to make my home page a static page. That option is missing.

tim4708

Yes. First I tried using the full width sidebar, but that made the text too wide. I do not want a line or two of text spanning the entire width of the page. I want to have a central column of text, as can be seen here: http://www.business-english-editors.com/?page_id=22 The 3 column MoreFoot option seemed like a decent way to go...but I don't know how to delete the 1st and 3rd columns. Would I be better off using the full width sidebar and simply reformatting the positioning of the text? Other suggestions? Thank you, as always!

bryan-hadaway

It sound like you just want a really skinny page with no sidebars, maybe for mobile use. I recommend choosing fixed width, no sidebars and then just narrowing the width. Thanks, Bryan

tim4708

Terrific. How would you suggest I narrow the width? Thanks!

kastelic

Platform Settings -> Layout Editor -> Configure Layout Dimensions

tim4708

Thanks, Jimmy. I still must be missing something. I went to "Configure Layout Dimensions." The most narrow setting for the main column is 800 px. Also, if I modify that setting, it will affect every page, correct? It is not the borders of the column that I am focusing on, rather the text within the borders, and only on my "Contact" page. Hope that makes it a little more clear. Best, Tim

Kate

Hi Tim - That page has a unique class you should be able to use to target its elements.

tim4708

I see that under "Layout Editor" -> "Default Layout Mode" there is a note that you "can adjust the layout in the Layout Builder." Is this where I adjust the layout for individual pages? If so, where is "Layout Builder" located within Pagelines? Thanks.

cmunns

Each page can have a different layout, but there is no way to have two differently sized column width of the same format on two different pages unless you added CSS. Does that makes sense?

catrina

I checked your Contact page and the content showing up is entirely a widget. Was this intentional and is this the column width you want resized?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

You can adjust the width using the following CSS:

div.textwidget {width: WIDTHNUMBERpx;}

(If you use other text widgets in other pages, it might affect the width of those widgets, too)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tim4708

Thanks, however I do use text widgets on other pages and I do not want the width to be affected on those pages. Please suggest an alternative solution.

kastelic

Increase specificity to that rule with a class unique to the page which you can find attached to the 'body' tag.

tim4708

Thanks very much, Jimmy. As I am a beginner with PageLines, would you mind clarifying: 1. Where the body tag is located 2. How to create a class unique to the page in question Thanks, again.