Sign in to follow this  
beyondyours

3rd Feature Is Missing MORE Link Getting Links To Open In New Page

beyondyours

Hi I set my Station Pro theme up like the one on the DEMO here. As you'll see with that demo, there are 3 FEATURED articles FADING in and out. On the LEFT hand side of the pics is text. There is a BLUE "More" link at the end of each of the blurbs of text. I noticed the BLUE "More" Link in each of the 3 Main Featured articles on my blog only the first TWO articles have the "More" link. How do I add it in to the third one on my blog? ALSO... When I click on links to things on other domains they do not open in a NEW window. How do I get them to do that? Edit the CSS I assume, but wondering if there is a ON/OFF feature in the template setup. Thanks.

jnoh

The More button only shows up if you have a url included in the "Feature Link" field. Make sure there's one in that third feature of yours. If there is, then there may be a different problem that we'll have to figure out... Did you want all outbound links to open in a new window?

beyondyours

I would like the twitter, facebook, linked in LINKS at the top right hand corner definitely open in a new window. I also want to make sure that the FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER sidebar widget link opens in a new window too. How do I do that?

beyondyours

Hi JNOH, I would like the twitter, facebook, linked in LINKS at the top right hand corner definitely open in a new window. I also want to make sure that the FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER sidebar widget link opens in a new window too. How do I do that?

cmunns

beyondyours, You need to go into the the "Appearance" > "Editor" section of you wordpress backend. Then click on the _iconlinks.php template file located on the right hand side. Now, if you want to have the twitter link for example open in a new window add

target="_blank" 
and insert it here:
<?php echo pagelines('twitterlink') ?>' HERE >

oasis

Hi Adam I tried this and the code is slightly different for iBlogPro 3.6x I want to open the social media buttons above the top menu in a new window. Can you advise what to do please? Thanks, John

cmunns

The code should be the same. Are you sure you are putting it in the right place exactly as I wrote it?

spidercat

Hi, I wanted to open facebook, twitter etc in a new window too. I went to the "Appearance" > "Editor" but in the right list there's no _iconlinks.php template file :-o what I did wrong?

bryan-hadaway

It might be _social_icons.php for you. Also, if you want any and all external links to open in a new window anyways, you might consider the "Open in New Window" plugin, just search for it from your admin: Plugins > Add New Thanks, Bryan