Sign in to follow this  
selectams

Different Footers On Different Pages

selectams

Hi, I am new to the online world so this may be a basic question. I am using Footer Left, Middle and Right - Morefoot elements in iblogpro 4. Is there a way/option to have different information in the left,middle and right footers on different pages. For example - on home page the footer info on left footer would be different to the contact us page. Look forward to reading your advice. Many Thanks Prasanna

selectams

Hi Bryan, Thanks for your help. I am a non-techie and require a bit more guidance. I would like the footer text to be different on different pages. For example: if on home page the footer says x then on the contact us page - I would like the footer to say y. How do I do it with Widget Logic. Thanks Prasanna

cmunns

I've never used Widget Logic, but this may end up requiring a bit of coding, maybe bryan can chime in later tonight when he comes back on the forum.

section25

here's my experience based on Bryans suggestion install the plugin - then all widgets - including textbox widgets or whatever you put in the footer "sidebars" get a widget logic box - put in a seperate textbox widget for x and y visit the plugins support page and the wordpress codex for conditional tags to get some idea of how these conditional tags work - but dont panic you then just have to paste something like is_front_page() = my own home page into the widget logic box there'll be another way of referring to your contact page - is_contact_us - or something i dunno then x or y only appear on those pages sorry if you know this much already - another very basic thing that overlooked me was "what is my home page" which is selected in wordpress settings/reading ..Frontpage...display static page