Sign in to follow this  
mnix

Search Form Not Working

mnix

Hi, I've checked the other search forum strings and I can't seem to find any others with this same problem. I'm using Platform Pro and I've launched this site, but for some reason the search form is returning all searches as "not found" on a 404 page. I've had to deactivate the search since the site is live, using display:none, but the following link still shows the working search and the term "about" as an example. http://www.chicagochorale.org/home/?s=about&submit.x=0&submit.y=0 The code for searchform.php is as follows:

<form method="get" class="searchform" action="<?php echo home_url(); ?>/">
		<fieldset>
			<input type="text" value="<?php _e('Search','pagelines');?>" name="s" class="searchfield" onfocus="if (this.value == '<?php _e('Search','pagelines');?>') {this.value = '';}" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = '<?php _e('Search','pagelines');?>';}" />

<input type="image" class="submit btn" name="submit" src="<?php echo THEME_IMAGES;?>/search-btn.png" alt="Go" />
		</fieldset>
	</form>

Is there anything in this searchform.php I need to change to get it to work? I've tried changing permissions to 666, but that didn't work.

mnix

Ok, so I found a solution to the above question if anyone else in the future has the same problem: In the theme's searchform.php file simply change

action="<?php echo home_url(); ?>/"
TO
action="/index.php"