Sign in to follow this  
ericwlee

Feature Header - Multiple sizes?

ericwlee

Hi! I wanted to know if it was possible to have different sized Feature headers within my site? For instance, on the home page it is 928px x 385px, while on my secondary pages I would like it to be 928px 305px. On the "Products" page, I would like the type to butt right up to the header without having that massive white space. The universal Feature Area Height I've set is 385px. Here is the current state of my site: www.dickinsonlab.com/ecomv I don't see any option within the theme to do such a thing, so I imagine I will have to make some modifications to the css. Not sure at all how to tackle this. Any assistance is appreciated!

cmunns

What I would do is set the default size to 305px since all other pages will be that. Then for the home page we can handle with this CSS ` .home #feature-area, .home .feature-wrap, .home #feature_slider .fmedia, .home #feature_slider .fcontent, .home #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, .home #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, .home #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 385px; } ` You can place this in your base.css or custom.css file

ericwlee

Hi Adam, That works PERFECTLY. thanks a million! I have an additional question, which I think is relevant? Could you advise on how I might be able to close in the space between the bottom of the header and where the body copy starts? This would be on all pages... Thanks!

cmunns

where exactly? Everything looks pretty tight already

ericwlee

The area indicated by the red outlined box. Is it possible to close in the height of that space? ecomv_home.png

ericwlee

I'm all set with this. To adjust the space, just meant adjusting the top padding: .one-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .one-sidebar-right #container #content, .two-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .two-sidebar-right #container #content{ padding: 0 0px 0 0px; Thanks again!

ryangangan

In regards to this, I manage to customise the feature slider in the home page with the custom code that was posted here, but what if I have to customise the the slider in (for example) portfolio page? How would I know the link my portfolio page? .home = for homepage what? = for one of the page I'm such a neophyte, I'm afraid...