Sign in to follow this  
greencollargroup

Carousel displaying unwanted posts

greencollargroup

Hi all. I'm have a bit of trouble with the carousel on this page: http://greencollarthinktank.org/2010/04/opening-remarks-in-the-affirmative/ As you can see, the carousel jumps from displaying the appropriate posts from the "Should Australia Act First" category (saaf is the slug), to some blank posts that aren't in the category. I believe these posts were created by a plugin called TDO Miniforms from a previous version of the site, but I'm not sure how to deal with them. They do contain some comments in custom fields, which would be great to have on the appropriate debate posts, but it's annoying to have them pop up in the carousel navigation on the posts page as they do now. Interestingly, they don't show up in the carousel thumbnails on the parent page for that debate: http://greencollarthinktank.org/online-discussions/should-australia-act-first/. Any suggestions on how to remove those old, blank posts? Thanks so much.

cmunns

My first thought would be are those posts in a sub-category of the saaf category?

greencollargroup

Adam, thanks for taking a stab at this. However, I tried moving them out into a separate category, and they still displayed in the carousel. Since their content wasn't displaying properly anyway after moving to Platform, I've unpublished them for the moment. Not exactly an ideal solution, but it's working as a band-aid for now. On top of that, I noticed two other problems while trying to fix this. First, some of the posts are displaying out of order in the "saaf" carousel. For example, the posts have been reordered using the built-in plugin as follows: f9b5fdf8740cef4151d101212b8c8e07.png They seem to display properly in the carousel slider, but reading from page to page, they show up in this order after the "Opening Remarks in the Affirmative": "First Rebuttal - Argument for the Affirmative," then "Opening Remarks Summary," then "First Rebuttal - Argument for the Negative," then continue in the proper order. I've tried reordering and recategorizing them without any luck. Thanks for the help. that the carousel will display posts from the other online debate (Green Trade War) after reaching the end of the SAAF content. Any ideas on how to fix this?

bryan-hadaway

I think essentially the issue is that the carousel simply shows the most recent posts by date regardless of anything else. This may be updated in future releases. If you have any specific ideas you can share them in the Ideas and Feedback forum: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/forum.php?id=2 Thanks, Bryan