Sign in to follow this  
ashriver

Moving Sub Navigation into left sidebar

ashriver

Is there a way I can move my sub navigation into the left sidebar? Thanks for the help!

Guest Guest

Well, you could make a custom HTML widget with those links, or use some link of menu creating plugin to generate a custom widget, and then just disable the subnav all together. That would probably be easier than trying to hack something together using the PHP hooks.

ashriver

Thanks Tyler but I'm going to have tertiary navigation also so I think my only solution maybe using hooks. Anyone know how to do this?

Andrew

Hey Amber, Probably the easiest thing to do here is to add your own section in the child theme. I can get you the code you need for a sub nav. Have you seen the docs on this?

steakpunch

I am having this issue as well. Andrew, are you still planning on posting the code to accomplish this? That is being able to add the subnav into the sidebar? I'm not sure how creating our own section will help. That is in the Tertiary Side Bar we have: Search Box Twitter And need to add the sub nav menu between Search Box and Twitter. But when dragging the Custom Menu Widget in between those two and selecting SubNav nothing shows. I've found 5 other posts with this same issue while searching tonight and so far, no one has an answer.