Sign in to follow this  
aharon

Highlight Image in Posts Page

aharon

Hey guys I've looked at the existing posts and I need a little help. What I'd like to do is use the highlight option in my posts page. What code should I drop in where to do this? I'm using PlatformPro with the child theme. So far I haven't edited anything with the child theme, it's all be CSS. How do I go about added a highlight for my page. Here's the URL of the page if you all want to see it. http://stg.empowermm.com/our-news/ I need it under the nav above the first story in that white space above the grey divider line.

makeylon

Go into section.highlight.php Alter the "workswith" code below to include post pages like this:

$default_settings = array(
	  'description' => 'Adds a highlight section with a splash image, and optional header/subheader text. Set up on individual pages/posts.',
	  'workswith' => array('templates', 'main', 'header', 'morefoot', 'main-posts'),   'failswith' => array('posts', '404'),
	'icon' => CORE_IMAGES . '/admin/highlight.png',
	'version' => 'pro'

Notice, 'main-posts' is included. Hopefully that is the correct key for the post page. Next: Go to PlatformPro --> Settings Select Template Setup. Under Select Template, choose Post Pages Drag Highlight above Content.

aharon

It looks like 'posts' is the right key, but I do it and drag it over and while I can now drag highlight over to the template setup for posts page, it still will not show up on the page after I choose the highlight image. Man I thought you cracked the code... Maybe you did, maybe there's something else I need to do too.

aharon

I ended up creating a new DIV for it, then put in some PHP that will look for a specific page then toss that div up there. It took some trial and error, but I got it.