Sign in to follow this  
cefisher

Sidebar Customization

cefisher

How do I add a border or background color to the primary sidebar?

makeylon

#sidebar-wrap{ or #sidebar-primary{ border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; background-color: #f7f7f7; } Change the style, width and/or color to your desired output. I think the above will work for you, but it might depend on your theme layout as different layouts call the sidebars different things I believe. Give it a shot, or post a link to your site so we can see the exact stuff.

cefisher
http://66.147.244.194/~goeliteo/ Site is still under construction. Scroll down to where the sidebar starts and you will see the sidebar extends too far to left and encroaches on the video. I thought if I added a border or background to the sidebar it will clean things up a bit and establish clear boundaries. Thanks.

makeylon

No, that won't work. For your problem, you either need to change the dimensions of your video to fit within the content area, or widen your content area, or reduce your sidebar area. If you just want the video to fit, there should be a width parameter in the embed code. Change it to '100%' or a specific numeric value that fits within the content area. Caution, if there is also a height parameter, you'll need to adjust that to keep the same aspect ratio. Or you could just remove the height parameter completely and it will automatically adjust to keep the correct ratio. To change the amount of space in the content and/or sidebar area, depending on your theme layout, you should be able to do it in the PlatformPro settings --> Layout Editor in the Configure Layout Dimensions section