Sign in to follow this  
dtraub

Feature Box Questions

dtraub    0
dtraub

I've got 2 things I'd like to be able to do with a feature box and wondering if it's possible. 1) can i use a widget to fill a feature box 2) can i have a feature box pull the last x number of posts from a specific category?

jnoh    0
jnoh

Both of these are currently not possible with the theme as it is now. But we do plan on adding this in the near future (within the next couple months). In the meantime, I can help you tweak the code to possibly get your first request working. Request #2 would require quite a bit of work.

dtraub    0
dtraub

That would be great.... and actually if we get request 1 working, I can accomplish #2 with a widget anyways. How do we get started?

dtraub    0
dtraub

So would I just take the code they showed to go in functions.php and insert it as is? Then I would put <?php if (function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') && dynamic_sidebar('Homepage')) : ?> In the feature box + HTML spot?

dtraub    0
dtraub

Another thought that may be easier... is there a way of showing the content sidebar underneath the 3 feature boxes?

jnoh    0
jnoh

Hm. You'll have to register three different sidebars for each section similar to the footer. How about using the footer boxes? Are you using those for widgets yet?

dtraub    0
dtraub

I am using the footer boxes. That why I was thinking that the content sidebar might work well, but when I select it to show on the page settings, it doesn't show on the feature page. I don't need it broken up in to 3 sections... just one would work great.

Jackey    29
Jackey

@dtraub Is this the iBlogPro theme? I have done something similar to that... The row icons on the bottom is the content-sidebar (removed the background panel) Demo Coment out these lines in _pagecontent.php ` ` And copy that to footer.php, just above (or wherever you want it to go): `

dtraub    0
dtraub

It is iBlogPro. Thanks! Will that prevent the content sidebar from working on other pages... or just make it show up just above the footer wherever I've got it selected to show it?

Jackey    29
Jackey

Ehhh... it moves the content-sidebar for all pages, it still works as designed, it is just moved. To change the widgets on every page or type of page, you can use a plugin called "TS Custom Widgets", very powerfull!! To change the appearance of the content-sidebar you can alter its CSS: ` #content_sidebar .widget { background: #fff url(images/post-bg-short.png) repeat-x left bottom; margin: 2em 0; border: 1px solid #bbb; padding: 1em; margin: 0 0 -25px; } `

andya    0
andya

Hey guys Does anyone know hot to put the recent posts from a particular category into the slider? I am pretty desperate to get this done so any help would be greatly appreciated Andy

andya    0
andya

Well I've actually been able to hack the template_feature.php files to show my most recent posts except I have somehow lost the ability to slide (it just shows all the posts in their seperate feature divs) If anyone is able to help me finish it off asap I'd love you to bits haha