Sign in to follow this  
greggsky

Slow page load time -- any suggestions?

greggsky

I'm completing development on the site and have noticed a substantial slowing of the load time. I'll be implementing W3 Total Cache, but in the meantime, it just seems way to slow. Hoping someone with a good eye for this could have a look and let me know what the low hanging fruit are...would really appreciate it. www.thepinesinn.com/wp

kastelic

If you have any plugins that you aren't using, deactivate them. If your using a lot of plugins, try to find ways to integrate functionality into the code instead of using plugins. Other than that, install YSlow into firefox and see what you can do based on its suggestions. That's all I got, anyone else? :)

greggsky

Looks like it was a calendar plugin that was providing the majority of the slowness...thanks. Sidenote: your favority calendar plugin?

makeylon

I don't know if you use it, but firefox has the firebug plugin, and you can also get a firebug addon called Pagespeed (from google I believe). Pagespeed gives you a rundown of everything that could be slowing your page down and suggestions on how to fix them.