Sign in to follow this  
eldrmozz

how trad. continue reading on the home page/ end of excerpts

eldrmozz

Hi... I'm sorry but my problem is not resolved... how can i trad the continue reading" in the excerpts of the home page. What Mark proposes is not working. Thanks !

Kate

Hi Emmanuel - Are you using the base theme? If so, do you have a copy of template.postloop.php in there already? It's possible that's overriding what's being set in the settings.

eldrmozz

Hi Kate. Sorry my english is not so good and 'im not sure to understand your words... shuold i open template.postloop.php ? i'm using platformpro

cmunns

and you changed it in the posts/page options panel? What did you try changing it to and are your other options saving correctly?

eldrmozz

well the only way i have to change this words "continue reading" is to change them in the settings of platformro, like Mike said up there. in the post and page panel, there is no options to trad this words ? or maybe i haven't see it ? like i say it is working everywhere, except on the "accueil page", in magazine layout. isn't it strange ?

bryan-hadaway

Go to: Appearance > Editor > template.postloop.php and search for and change "Continue Reading". Thanks, Bryan

eldrmozz

I'm sorry Bryan... i went there you told me. And I change everything which was look like continue-reading. By my french words (why am i not english ?) And the results is... nothing change. :(

eldrmozz

Or maybe you can show me just how to delete the phrase, just that, no traduction.

eldrmozz

Hi catrina. I've made here a cut/paste in my template.postloop. (i didn't take all the file, just an excerpt) i remplace "continue reading" by Lire la suite </div> <?php if(pagelines_show_excerpt( get_the_ID() )): // Post Excerpt ?> <div class="post-excerpt"> <?php the_excerpt(); ?> </div> <?php if(pagelines_is_posts_page() && !pagelines_show_content( get_the_ID() )): // 'Lire la suite' link ?> " title="<?php _e("View", 'pagelines');?> <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"> <?php e_pagelines('Lire_la_suite_text', __('Lire la suite', 'pagelines'));?> <span class="right_arrow"><?php _e('→', 'pagelines');?></span> <?php endif;?> <?php endif; ?>