Sign in to follow this  
archel

Removing border from text widget and comments area is too wide

archel

Hello I have 2 problems which I don't seem to be able to resolve. The first problem. I want to remove the border of the text widget in the lower sidebar: 28195627.png I first tried changing theme.css but it's not the correct area. Eg. if I make the border 10px red as below...

#sidebar .winner{
		padding: 10px;
		background: #cfcff3;
	border:10px solid red;
Then I get the following image: 44653825.png Then I tried custom css because somebody else asked the same question already in this forum. I added this to css (again red and 10 px to show it's the wrong area):
#sidebar #text-15.widget {border:10px solid red}

And as you can see on the next image, the white border is still there between it. 53464280.png So no solution for this yet. Second problem The comments keep on going in one row...I should probably change the textarea width but I can't seem to find it. 86465107.png Anyone can help me with these problems? Hope this time someone will respons Thx. Steven

archel

Comments keep on going if you don't hit enter I mean...they go further until you can't see it anymore.

cmunns

Hey Steve can you give us a link to the site, or let us know which theme this is?

Guest Guest

Try this in custom CSS:

body #sidebar .widget {padding: 0px;}

archel

O, it works if you add border info:

body #sidebar .widget { padding:0px;border:0px;}

Thank you. :) Anyone can help me with the second problem?

archel

Hmm. It's ok. It's only if you have long words...or big images and you guys have the same problem here I think. Let's try: testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest

catrina

Yes, I've noticed that problem many times :). Maybe it just has to do with the text wrap. Try adding this CSS code:

p {white-space: nowrap;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

archel

Doesn't work but it's ok. It's only a minor problem. :) Thx anyways.