Sign in to follow this  
jonny41891

Soapbox width

jonny41891

Does anyone know how i can adjust the soapbox width because its the full width of the page and its causing my sidebars to move down? Thanks in advance and i'm using pagelines pro( http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/ ) but my site is not live

makeylon

Currently, you can't do it without a lot of css hacking. Are you up for that?

jonny41891

i know how to do it with css but that just doesn't move the sidebars back to where they once were... like for an example, when i activate the soapboxes, the sidebars get pushed down and i still would like to display my ads and side widgets

cmunns

You could mess with the section.soapboxes.php file and find this block: ` $default_settings = array( 'description' => 'Large boxes two per row; with up to three action links .
Note: Uses a selected "box-set" for content.', 'icon' => CORE_IMAGES.'/admin/soap.png', 'version' => 'pro', 'dependence' => 'PageLinesBoxes', 'posttype' => 'boxes', ); ` then you want to add this to the end of the array: `'workswith' => array('templates', 'main', 'header', 'morefoot'),` so all together now: ` $default_settings = array( 'description' => 'Large boxes two per row; with up to three action links .
Note: Uses a selected "box-set" for content.', 'icon' => CORE_IMAGES.'/admin/soap.png', 'version' => 'pro', 'dependence' => 'PageLinesBoxes', 'posttype' => 'boxes', 'workswith' => array('templates', 'main'), ); `

cmunns

Doing this will create a "section" that you can use inside of the post content area template area so the sidebar will not be pushed down.

jonny41891

thanks for the reply... i did what you told me but i can't find a soapbox template... what i was doing before was put the soapbox inside the banner template via drag n drop... what do i do now?

jonny41891

i used the page content area template exactly like you said and know the soapboxes are just pushed off the screen to the left

jonny41891

Hey Catrina, idk how to do a screenshot but it looks the exact same but the post are just pushed to the left... same size and everything but just shifted of the page to the left thanks in advance

makeylon

A quick jury rig that I did (until the theme does some permanent changes hopefully) was to just pull the sidebar up using css: #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-720px;} I'm not sure it will work with the method you're using, but give it a try or keep it in mind.

jonny41891

Hey Mark, thanks for the suggestion, but thats only a small part of the problem. What i would is for the soapboxes to be smaller and within the content area and not pushing the siderbar out of the way.. does anyone know how I can achieve this? I am willing to get deep in the css if I have to, thanks in advance

Guest Guest

Is there any way we can get a link to your site so we can see what's going on?

jonny41891

Hey guys u can go ahead and close this thread... tried everything but just couldn't get it the way i wanted it... but for future theme updates, the people at platform pro should really consider to make it easier to modify things like this