Sign in to follow this  
dvanton

Font type and size.

dvanton

I just purchsed Platform Pro and wondered how to globally set my main font to something with a non-serif. I know it's in the setting >> text and fonts - but I don't know how to change the font to Calibri or something similar.Currently it says Crimson+Text|Droid+Sans Also, is there a way to change the font size as well? Thanks.

dvanton

...forgot to mention, I am happy with all other fonts on the template, it's just the body text that I would like to change.

bryan-hadaway

Second karma point Jean-Philippe. Dave, let us know if you need further help. Thanks, Bryan

dvanton

Hey Guys, thanks for the links. But I am still not sure how it applies to changing my body font to something like Arial. Is there a CSS code that I use? Jean, I checked the links out, it will be very useful once I figure out how to apply it. Any help on replacing fonts would be appreciated...

Kate

Hi Dave - Are you trying to change the font-size for the entire site? If so, then you would apply these styles to the body tag. For instance:

body{font-family:Calibri, arial, verdana; font-size:1.6em;}
If that doesn't take, you may need to add the "!important" declaration, since you'll be overwriting other styles. For instance:
body{font-family:Calibri, arial, verdana !important; font-size:1.6em !important;}

dvanton

Hi Kate - thanks. That did make the changes to the main body text, I've also adjusted the text size, but it didn't affect the header text. Is there an additional line that I can insert that will change the header font and size?

Guest Guest

If you want to adjust the branding title and description here are a couple of examples of what you could do in custom CSS just grabbing Kate's example (you can change the font family/size to anything you'd like, this is just to show you which classes you need to adjust).

#branding h1 a {font-family:Calibri, arial, verdana; font-size:1.6em;}
	#branding .site-description {font-family:Calibri, arial, verdana; font-size:1.0em;}