Sign in to follow this  
davidmacvicar

Remove Footer in Full Width Design Framework

davidmacvicar

Hey Guys, Trying to remove the giant black footer (and also the little sliver of black up top) when I am using the Full Width Design Framework design control. I can't find ANYWHERE to make this happen. Please help!

cmunns

This CSS would get rid of both: ` body, body.fixed_width { background-color: white; } ` but of course you'd have to adjust the text in the footer...this background option fyi should be in the design control options.

davidmacvicar

Thanks, I am not looking to turn it white, I have a grey/noisy background and want to remove it completely

davidmacvicar

Is there a CSS rule to turn it completely transparent?

businessremedy

David, Here is how to set the transparency. This shows the option of 50% transparent. .transparent_class { filter:alpha(opacity=50); -moz-opacity:0.5; -khtml-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; }

businessremedy

This explains the reason for the previous reply. opacity: 0.5; This is the "most important" one because it is the current standard in CSS. This will work in most versions of Firefox, Safari, and Opera. This would be all you need if all browsers supported current standards. Which, of course, they don't. filter:alpha(opacity=50); This one you need for IE. -moz-opacity:0.5; You need this one to support way old school versions of the Mozilla browsers like Netscape Navigator. -khtml-opacity: 0.5; This is for way old versions of Safari (1.x) when the rendering engine it was using was still referred to as KTHML, as opposed to the current WebKit

Andrew

@David, To remove the top sliver add this rule: `body {padding-top: none}` Then can you apply your background styling to the `body` tag instead?