Sign in to follow this  
sysorex

Internet Explorer Issues

sysorex

I am having major alignment issues and text issues in IE6+ I have validated the pages and it says 6 warnings but nothing really big what is going on is there a fix? link to my site is sysorexhosting Thanks for any assistance.

cmunns

There are known bugs in the web community using IE and the margin CSS rule...you can use padding instead which is more reliable or create a IE specific stylesheet for IE which applies a negative margin to that box container to bring it back inline. IE6, however, is well over 10 years old and frankly support for that needs to die in my opinion.

sysorex

I agree but soo many people refuse to kill of IE and switch to chrome or firefox, I was really hoping IE would have died off by now thanks, now if I do a seperate style sheet how will that work. and what about the footer disappearing on the home page and the foot font going huge on the level one pages and on. the fonts are all funky too.

cmunns

Well I checked in IE7, looking at IE6 you do have other problems. Something is not closed from an HTML standpoint because you can see CSS markup on the top of the page. Also, the errors from the validator are not helpful. As HTML5 moves forward IE6 at the very least WILL die (hold breathe) I think many of your issues are related to unclosed markup that renders fine by HTML5 error validator but not by IE6. There are some scripts to help with this, but I'm not sure you need them. Mainly it will just be closing elements, try validating with older doctype: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.sysorexhosting.com/&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=XHTML+1.0+Strict&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator/1.1