Sign in to follow this  
watto1981

Help with CSS Customization

watto1981

Hi, I am following the Docs and have been reading the forums about customizing my website with CSS (its installed !) www.elementary-agency.com/elementary. I'm having trouble in that when I inspect an element with firebug, then make the changes in firebug I see it on the page, then when I copy the code into the CSS customization box and refresh the changes are not made on the web page. An example; I am trying to remove the grey line beneath the social mdeia buttons, when I inspect I get this code; #primary-nav #nav_row { border-bottom: 1px solid #EEEEEE; } If I change the word solid to none, the line disappers. Then when I copy that exact code into the CSS box and refresh the line reappers ! ! please help ! Im going MAD ! Thanks Nick

cmunns

It looks like you got that line gone, but fyi if it doesn't work upon the initial copy/paste just add a more parent element to the selector e.g. ` #primary-nav #nav_row { border-bottom: 1px solid #EEEEEE; } ` would become: ` body #primary-nav #nav_row { border-bottom: 1px solid #EEEEEE; } `

watto1981

Thanks Adam, I modified the theme.css file to remove the line. But I would prefer to just add the custom css, so will revert to what you said Thanks so much for your help. Nick