Sign in to follow this  
kwebber77

Boxes like These...

bryan-hadaway

` .page-id-33 .dcol_3{margin-left:16px} .page-id-33 .fixed_width #boxes .dcol-pad{padding:5px} ` Drop that in Custom Code > Custom CSS and check that test page. Thanks, Bryan

kwebber77

Great!, almost there though. since my homepage doesn't have a permalink...it's just www.ohsportswear.com ...what do I substitute for: .page-id-33 ?

Andrew

@Kirk, Just use Firebug to get the ID of the page you're currently editing (to isolate) The page id is always added to the `

` tag.

kwebber77

Andrew, i looked at that and the homepage, where i want these boxes to be, don't have a permalink just www.ohsportswear.com/ I am trying to switch the permalinks to /%postname%/ but not only does it not give me a permalink for the homepage still, but non-of my links work to any other pages.

bryan-hadaway

Just use `.home` instead of `.page-id-33` and you're set. FYI, that's great you're using permalinks for friendly URL's. Your pages still have ids you just have to look and the source code like Andrew was saying. Thanks, Bryan

piperjock

Hi Kirk, I know your issue is resolved, but after having a little look at your site, I'd quite like to get the boxes on my site looking similar to that which are on yours. How did you go about it in the end? Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Jock.