Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Author page - template and other PP goodies

ricardo

Hi! I have added an author.php template page to my PP Base theme folder (basically the sample you can find at WP's Author Template Codex page) and considering the very different way PP is built, I was wondering if there's anything else I should do. I would also like to ask if there's any way to make this template as fancy as the others, integrating it in the Template Setup admin page and making it "sectionable" like the others. Thanks in advance! Ricardo

bryan-hadaway

Marking for developer review. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

There is a way to do it. Basically the easiest way would be to copy the section.pullquote.php in the PlatformBase and use that as an example, which it's meant to be. Replace what's in the section_template function with your PHP and HTML markup that you already wrote and don't forget to register the section in your functions.php file which also has the example for the pull quote section

ricardo

Hi Adam! Thanks for your reply! Maybe I have it all wrong but after poking at the code I have the impression you gave me instructions to turn author.php into a section for inclusion in other templates when I want the opposite. Sorry if my initial post wasn't probably all that clear but what I want is to turn author.php into a template like Posts Page or Carousel Page so that I can include in it sections like Pagelines Features, Soapboxes or Callout Section. Ricardo

cmunns

I'm sorry Ricardo I don't understand the difference between what you just posted and what you initially posted. You want it to be a drag and drop section right?