Sign in to follow this  
pamlc

sidebars settings

pamlc

Hi, what is the proper setting to make the sidebars stay expanded, and not fold up? I just want them to be full, readable boxes. thanks! Pam

jnoh

Try using the flowbar sidebar or the drag and drop instead of the accordion.

pamlc

kind of. I moved the sidebar widgets to 'drop and drag' and they work on the static pages, but are all messed up on the blog page. can you give me a quick hit on the differences between: 1) accordian: 2) drop & drag: 3) flow: 4) content: thanks!

pamlc

the web address is: www.thriveliving.com if you want to look...

jnoh

1) accordian: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/iblogpro/ipod You can see the accordian sidebar on this page. It's the one that slides open when you click the widgets. 2) drop & drag: This sidebar is the one that you're using right now. The one that allows users to drag and drop. 3) flow: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/iblogpro/blog You can see the flowsidebar widgets here. The blank white ones that don't drag/drop or slide open. 4) content: This is to place widgets underneath the main content section of the page. Also you can place a widget in the footer_left, footer_middle, footer_right containers. This shows on the bottom of every page: it's that empty section at the bottom of your page right above the footer.

I moved the sidebar widgets to 'drop and drag' and they work on the static pages, but are all messed up on the blog page.
It looks like there's some markup error in the welcome text field that's breaking the sidebar widgets. What do you have entered for the welcome text?