Sign in to follow this  
pfflyer

PlatfromPro Admin Panel is all one page not AJAXy

pfflyer

My clients PlatformPro admin panel displays as one long webpage. Not AJAXy, with each "section" appearing when you click on the admin panel menu. I know this is an issue you have addressed before. I have: 1) upgraded PlatformPro to the latest version - same result 2) disabled ALL plugins. Eve with ALL plugins disabled, it still behaves the same. So it is not a plugin conflict. 3) I am wondering if something wacky happened when I upgraded to WordPress 3.0.4. I may try to upload all the admin files again. My core question: is there a way for me to identify conflicts while on the PlatformPro admin screen? I know some posts on this forum refer to using Firebug. I have used Firebug for HTML and CSS but never for javascript. I am able to walk through the Javascript but it takes forever to walk through all of it. Any tips?

pfflyer

Update: I reloaded the WordPress files. PlatformPro Admin panel still screwy. I forgot to mention previously: I had a demo site on which I built the original website for my client. I added All the plugins that got added to production after it went live. The admin panel was FINE. It was not affected. So I am left with my last question above, but maybe a little refined: what tools can i employ to track down the problem/conflict?

mosley301

This happens to me a few times and just login out and loging back in seems to fix it. Not sure what happens but it might be a plugin messing up the admin pannel.

cmunns

Usually you just need to show your browsers error console or something that just says "console" and refresh the page with it active, it will show you js errors. Although this definitely is just a problem with a plugin that you have installed causing a conflict. I would start there.

pfflyer

cmunns - I had disabled all the plugins (everyone!) and the behavior was still the same. jason - logging in and then out doesnt work. been doing that a million times just in the process of working on other items. Tyler - will have to upload a screenshot later - behind a firewall at the moment. Though imagine that all the "Screens" of the admin panel are stacked one on top of the other to create one big long webpage. Other investigation:: when I go to this page: wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines and view the error console, I get one error:

Error: uncaught exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: .

Looks like an extraneous "period" snuck in somewhere. Fun.

pfflyer

Amber, just out of curiosity, what plugins do you have installed?

pfflyer

ok figured out the JavaScript error is coming from the load-scripts.php file within the wp-admin folder. Line 75 of that file is throwing the error. However, when i compare that line of code to my demo install, they are exactly the same. Why would one install throw an error and the other not? There is something else going on.

pfflyer

does this have to do anything with magic_quotes settings in the php.ini file?

bryan-hadaway

@pfflyer - That's at least in the direction I'm starting to think, this being a hosting/server environment issue. @Everyone - I want everyone to list what host they use. Thanks, Bryan

ashriver

@Bryan - Mediatemple @pfflyer - I have a lot installed but I don't have Magic Quotes.

pfflyer

the clients site that is having the problem is on bluehost the demo version of my clients site is hosted on hostgator - which is exact in every way, same version of pagelines, same version of wordpress, same plugins (and exact same versions of those plugins) and it has no problem. I have not yet compared the environment setup between the two. Will do so and report back. Amber - FYI magic quotes is actually a php extension, not a wordpress plugin.

bryan-hadaway

Okay, all of the hosts are fine so I don't believe that to be the problem any longer. I'll see about getting a developer eyes on this again... Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

There might be an issue in the DB. Can you do me a favor and hit the reset layout button? If that fixes it, then there may be a problem we need to address as this is the 2nd this has happened.

pfflyer

thats it! I hit the reset layout button and everything with the admin panel is now displaying properly. It is no longer one long page and each section displays in its normal AJAXy manner. The screen layout "widget" now reappears as well. Thanks!