Sign in to follow this  
maurice

widget header background colour

maurice

I was trying to find a way of controlling the background colour of the Widget Header to create something like this QdJ8W.jpg I couldn't find the Background control Firebug. I played with the design control settings but couldn't find the right one. Is it possible to control this element?

I think I've found it - Add another property to widget-title... .widget-title { background-color: #hex code;} Now can I control it's shape? Rounded corners?
Platform Pro 1.2 - Base theme WP 3.0.4

Guest Guest

Try something like this in the custom CSS:

.widget-title, .widget ul  {background: #000000; border-top-left-radius: 7px 7px;
	border-top-right-radius: 7px 7px; border-bottom-right-radius: 7px 7px; border-bottom-left-radius: 7px 7px;}

Obviously you can change the colors to match your example, and you can edit the radius numbers as well.

maurice

Thanks for the rapid reply Tyler, The code didn't work as it was but it steered me towards a solution :-) Thank you This is what I have so far...

.widget-title { background: #1F5BAB; color: #FFFFFF; text-indent: 10px; -moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px;} .menu-sidebar-container {background: #F1F1F1; }
and it produces this 3jpIj.jpg Lots of problems with different browsers though so I'm not sure it's a solution since most of my customers use MSIE... IT departments in control! I see iBlogPro4 must use this technique because in IE8 there's no radius on the boxes. Thanks for the help.

Guest Guest

Yeah unfortunately the cross browser compatibility is always an issue with this kind of thing. The rounded corners work great on Webkit browsers, but yeah IE is always a bit of a pain. I'll see if I can come up with something, but does anyone else have any ideas?