Sign in to follow this  
cedarroot

No Post Page Template in PlatformPro

cedarroot

When I'm in PlatformPro Template Layout, and select template area, it shows "posts pages" as a page template. However, when I add a new page and then go to Page Attribute to select a template, the Post Page is not a template option.

kastelic

Post pages are wherever you blog posts are, your index.php. The posts page is designated under Settings -> Reading and is the homepage by default.

ianrob84

But what are you supposed to do if you want to create another page, which specifically holds posts of a various category? Say for example I want a Page Link at the top of my site, called "Management", which would link to a page of posts which all fall under the "Management" category or it's subordinates? I may then wish to include PageLines Boxes. How would I attempt to go about this?

Kate

Hi Ian - We've had this question different times (and in different ways) throughout the forum... But, you have different options. First, you could "show" boxes (for instance) on all pages in the admin, and use CSS to hide them on all but the category page. Or, if you're comfortable with PHP, we could go from there. Let us know which you prefer, and we can help you find a solution...

ianrob84

Let's go with the CSS route... I'm struggling a bit, so don't think I want to mess with the PHP, (just yet!) Thanks Kate :-)

andreapernici

I think Hiding with CSS is not a great solution. Why I have to put content that I don't need and hide them via css. Ther is a way to hide via PHP ?

Kate

@Andrea I agree... But, as Adam mentioned, it's something that's going to be fixed in an upcoming release. ;)