Sign in to follow this  
aiiiiit

Sub-blog

aiiiiit

I want to create a "sub-blog" in my site. I want it to be an independent blog who's not depending on the rest of my site. The homepage is not going to show the posts from my sub-blog. How can I make this in an easy way?

Sourena

Do you mean that you want to have a category of posts as "blog"?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

catrina

I'm guessing you'd want the home page to be a regular, static page (with no posts displayed) and the "Blog" category as a link the main navigation menu so that when people click on it, they go to the blog posts. Is this correct?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Sourena

If you have a bunch of static pages and a blog that is easy. But if you have static pages, blog posts, and some posts that are not part of the "blog" section that would be more complicated. How do you want to organize your site?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

bryan-hadaway

Hi Andreas, this is very simple. If you've already created posts and labeled them under categories then you ALREADY have your category sub-blog pages. If you had a category named "Dogs" here's where your category page would be located: http://www.yourwebsite.com/category/dogs/ The next step is to get it into the menu right? This is done by creating a custom menu in: Appearance > Menus If you don't want to do any of that you could use a plugin like: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/list-category-posts/ Thanks, Bryan

aiiiiit

Thanks Bryan, but that doesn't really help me. Because I'll still get the Dogs-posts at the HOME-page? I just want them to be located in the category, not at the homepage.

cmunns

How did you set the homepage? Your static home page should direct to something else then under Settings - Reading. If you take some screenshots it might clarify what you have setup.

aiiiiit

Thanks cmunns! I found what I searched for in the "Reading"-settings.