Sign in to follow this  
MrFent

Pagelines bbpress forums theme

techbeak

Chris, I think I understand what you're saying here. You completed all of the steps except activating the theme and plugins. I ran into this same problem. Don't go to the wordpress admin page to do this, go to the bbPress admin page. bbPress has it's own admin page. If you're logged in as the admin, you'll have and "Admin" link to click on in the top left of the forum page. When you click on it, you'll get an admin page similar to wordpress. From there, you'll be able to activate the theme and plugins. FYI, if you click on Admin, and nothing happens, log out, and back in again on the forum page. Apparently it's a common issue: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/cant-access-admin-panel-1 Good luck!

bryan-hadaway

Thanks Drew, first karma point. Thanks, Bryan

MrFent

Yes Drew, that works just fine with the standalone bbPress forum, but how do I access that admin page when all I am using is buddypress?

MrFent

Yeah I've seen that thread before. It's over a year old & basically says it can't be done. Initially when I asked this question, I was told that your forum theme COULD be used with the buddypress only forum. Is this the case or not?

Andrew

to quote myself from a two weeks ago: `@Chris using the bbPress template is difficult inside of BuddyPress, you have to choose to use either the BuddyPress one or the stand alone bbPress` When were you told this?

MrFent

My original question, "In order to get your forum theme to work, do I have to have the complete standalone bbpress installed, or can I use the integrated bbpress that is included with buddypress?" Catrina's response, "You can use the integrated bbpress." Perhaps she misunderstood my question. Either way is fine, I just want to know if I should give up on getting the forum theme to work solely with Buddypress. If I may make a suggestion, please put a disclaimer somewhere on your sales page that the forum theme will only work with the standalone bbpress forums, not the version included with Buddypress. I paid the extra money for the Platform Pro Developer, thinking I could use the forum theme with Buddypress by itself. Thanks! Chris