Sign in to follow this  
matrixd

Horizontal Subnav

matrixd

Hi, I'm using PlatformPro with base theme. I'm developing a website with primary nav of categories and I want subcategories displayed as it happens with child pages, in an horizontal sub-menu row. How can be this possible? Great product!

matrixd

I see in the WhitehousePro theme there is an option in the Header and Nav options "Category Subnav Items (Comma Seperated)" that adds the subcategories I want to appear in horizontal nav buttons under my primary navigation. How can I do that with PlatformPro?

matrixd

Thanks Catrina, I' have unchecked the box Hide Sub Header from the beginning, but nothing happens. I don't have WhitehousePro Theme, I have only PlatformPro and Base theme and I want my subcategories to displayed in a sub-menu row under my primary menu. Is there anything else I can do. My menu in the Header and Nav doesn't have the options "Category Subnav Items (Comma Seperated)"

kastelic

Did you go into each child page and designate what there parent is? When you edit a page, over on the right you select the parent and then that page will move in the the subnav of the parent page.

matrixd

I didn't talk about pages but categories and subcategories my primary menu has categories (not pages) and suvnav have the subcategories.

Guest Guest

What's the URL? I'm unfortunately a bit confused about the issue so seeing will probably help me try and provide an answer.

Sourena

By default PlatformPro only creates that Sub Header only for the subpages. But you can use a work-around to achieve what you want. It is not quiet a solution but it works: 1. Install Page Links To plugin. 2. Create a set of pages and subpages with the same name you have used for your categories and sub-categories. Using "Page Links To" link those pages to their respective categories and sub-categories. 3. Go to:

Appearance > Menus

. Create a menu that includes only the pages (not the categories). That menu should create the right Sub Header for you. Using the plugin your pages should re-direct the viewers to the category and subcategory pages. I know it is not the right way to do this but it works and it is a quick solution.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

matrixd

Thanks Sourena that's a good trick! I think this will help me. Your posts are always helpful.