Sign in to follow this  
taxguycpa

Tertiary Sidebar Help

taxguycpa

Hello, Is there a way to make the tertiary sidebar the width of my two right columns total? I want it below the 2 columns on the right, but I want the width of the tertiary sidebar to be the total of the 2 columns, not just of column 1. Is there a setting or custom code that can do this? Thanks www.cafetax.com

taxguycpa

Update, I figured out how to change the width with the css selector, but to show i have to put it under sidebar one so it is still limited. i want it to be below both sidebar 1 and sidebar 2...

taxguycpa

IT is almost like i need to be able to do a sidebar wrap on the bottom and top...

Guest Guest

I'm not sure what you mean by below both Sidebar 1 and 2. Are you saying you want to have four total sidebars?

taxguycpa

I suppose it would be, I just want the tertiary sidebar to be completely separate as a 4th sidebar below the other 3. So it is the width of the primary and secondary combined, below them.

catrina

To avoid confusion, can you please show a screenshot of the sidebars pointing what exactly you want?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

taxguycpa

Just think of another sidebar wrap on the botttom. So instead of one on the top OR the bottom, one on both. I was thinking to just use the tertiary sidebar to emulate what the wrap is already doing on the top, but the tertiary is forced to be aligned only with sidebar 1 or 2. Wrap on top, sidebar 1 and 2 next to each other below it, and then another wrap on bottom. 4 total..

Guest Guest

Hmm, I am going to agree with Catrina and ask if you can provide a screenshot or some kind of visual representation of what you want to accomplish, because unfortunately I'm unable to follow along.

Sourena

I think I understand what Joe means. Here is a visual representation: QnEPS.png (Joe, please correct me if I am wrong.)

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

taxguycpa

that is exactly it any way to do this code wise or anything???

cmunns

Joe in the latest Base version, which you shouldn't install...but you can reference...there is a sample of how to create a new sidebar widget area. Inside of the sections folder you'll see sb_base and also an inclusion in the functions.php of PlatformBase well and that should free you up to have what you need.

taxguycpa

also, you said shouldn't install, but i did... i see the base sidebar, not sure how to use it differently then tertiary

bryan-hadaway

I could get done what you're looking to do, but it doesn't appear you have the tertiary sidebar active so I can't style it... ? Thanks, Bryan

taxguycpa

It is active, it just under the primary sidebar spot in the editor.

taxguycpa

I had the base sidebar using it originally, sorry Bryan. If you could help me with doing this I would be very appreciative.

cmunns

fyi, i only said not to install it because if you already had it installed and had made customizations through it, you would have erased the work you had done...but in this case you lucked out because you hadn't done anything :) The CSS hack would be this, place it where you customize your CSS: ` .scolumn-pad { overflow: visible; } #sidebar_tertiary { float: left; margin-top: 220px; overflow: visible; position: relative; visibility: visible; width: 370px; z-index: 99999; } `

taxguycpa

So close ! Thank you for providing that code. It dropped the sidebar down like a 4th bar, but is still limiting the width for some reason. www.cafetax.com Ill keep playing with it to see if I can get it to work. If you know what is restricting the width please let me know. Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Made one small change, here's the replacement code: ` .scolumn-pad { overflow: visible; } #sidebar_tertiary { float: left; margin-top: 220px; overflow: visible; position: absolute; visibility: visible; width: 370px; z-index: 99999; } ` Thanks, Bryan

taxguycpa

It worked! thank you so much everyone for your help. Awesome!