Sign in to follow this  
dvanton

BuddyPress and Platform Pro

dvanton

Hi There, I am trying out the "try before you buy" section to test platform Pro and Buddy press, and had trouble installing buddypress. Does anyone know if it's possible to install plugins in that section, or is the functionality limited? Thanks

kastelic

You can install any plugins you want in the free version.

dvanton

Thanks Jimmy, but are you referring to the free version or the trial version that is hosted by pagelines? I am trying it out on the hosted version they offer, mainly because it has all the features offered on the one I would buy... If plugins are available for testing on their try before you buy hosted page, I am having troubles installing buddypress. Any other thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

catrina

Are you referring to the trial/demo version as the try-before-you-buy version? What problems are you having specifically with BuddyPress install?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dvanton

Hi Catrina, Yes the demo version offered (not the free version - as far as I've read, the free versions are not complete versions to test out all the theme functions). I am interested in buying Platform Pro for Buddypress and wanted to see how the two would work. In their hosted demo version (which I assume is a full theme version), I can't install buddypress. The BP Compatibility plugin was already in the plugins when I logged in, but when activated, it didn't work. I've tried deactivating and reactivating it, and it still doesn't work. My question is Can plugins be installed and tested on their demo versions? I wasn't sure if Pagelines had put restrictions on the plugins.

catrina

I don't see why they wouldn't be. Have you tried installing and activating another plugin to see if it'd work?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Sourena

@dave: What did you check to see if the plugin work or not? Try activating the plugin and visit these addresses: [YOUR DOMAIN NAME]/activity/ [YOUR DOMAIN NAME]/members/ [YOUR DOMAIN NAME]/groups/ What do you see?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

dvanton

I just bought PPro and will see how it goes... The test site Pagelines offers doesn't allow you to install plugins...