Sign in to follow this  
reisp

Add more Features to main slider

reisp

Hey guys. Your templates are rad. Appreciate your hard work! I am trying to add a few more feature items to the slider on the main page. Is it limited to 6? Or can I manually add a few more in there? I know the feature menu option only allows for 6, but is there a way to add a few more and bypass that option pane?

jnoh

Sure reisp. This is possible. You'll have to edit a file. Email me at hello@pagelines.com. I can send you the edited file to make it faster for you. How many feature items did you want?

daryliliketheridecom

For those of you looking to do this without upgrading to v.3, all you have to do is edit the theme_functions.php in the includes/functions folder. Around line 617 you'll see the array for the slides, just add on to the array... ie. '7' => array( 'title' => '', 'text' => '', 'media' => '', 'link' => '', 'background' => '', 'name'=>'feature_7' ), your last array should leave off the comma after the closing parenthesis. Once you've uploaded this, you probably won't see the additional boxes show up in the admin until you click the restore to default button at the bottom of the Feature Admin page. Once you do this it will restore the original text for the first 3 slides, so don't forget to backup the info you've put in each Feature Slide and Feature Box before you click the restore to default button.