Sign in to follow this  
jdolin

add Home to main nav

makeylon

There are two ways to do it. 1) Create a new page and name it Home. But then you'd have to set that new page as a static home page under Settings-->Reading 2) Use a custom menu. Then create a menu item as just a link to your home page. Name that menu item "Home".

bryan-hadaway

Karma point Mark. Thanks, Bryan

jdolin

Thanks! If I create a new Home "page" then how would I keep the content the same (i.e. the wide blog clip on the top and the 4 mini clips below that).

makeylon

I think it would be easiest for you to just use a custom menu, then add a Link menu item named home. Creating a custom menu would only take a few minutes to do. However, keeping the content the same by creating a new page, you'd have to work with the template options and design it so it looks/works like your current home page. Lots of work there. Easier to just use a custom menu.

bryan-hadaway

Yes, I second that. Thanks, Bryan

jdolin

Is there another thread which is more detailed about adding the custom menu? I just tried and couldn't get it to work :(

jdolin

@Catrina -- I'm just trying to simply add a "Home" link to the nav so it goes to the default home, which happens now when you click the logo in the upper left of my page. These other options mentioned above seem to be more complex than I'm hoping for, especially for a newbie.

kastelic

1. Click Appearance -> Menu. Make a new menu, call it whatever, and select it as you "primary website navigation." 2. Then select the pages you want to include and click "add to menu" 3. Reorder them however you want. 4. Under "custom links" type your blog url, put "home" as the label and click "add to menu" 5. Save. Thats it!