Sign in to follow this  
mrpiano

Full page width template with nav?

mrpiano

Howdy! I have a photo gallery using NextGen gallery http://wildbillguarnere.com/wordpress/pictures/ I want to use a full page to allow those thumbnails to stretch across the screen. When I hide the right-side sidebar, the template (default) still honors the sidebar and I have a huge space where the sidebar would be if I chose to show it. I basically want a full page template (didn't see that in my template dropdown) and keep the navigation while allowing those thumbnails to flow into the full width of the page. Thanks! G

renderinnovations

Typically, in a page or post on the very bottom of the editing page there is an option that says "platform blog(or page... depending on if your editing a post or a page) template options" There you can make it full width or what have you. You could also, if you don't have sidebars on any pages go to your layout editor and make default the full width.

bryan-hadaway

`.page-id-21 #column-main{width:960px}` Drop that in Custom Code > Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan

mrpiano

Hey all, Thanks for the replies. Adam's suggestion was all that was needed, no need to modify any custom CSS. Just totally forgot that there is a layout editor at the bottom that is separate from the templates themselves. Done deal and worked as expected. It's been nice that as I learn the framework, it has been pretty much been able to handle everything I've thrown at it and it's mostly been a learning curve issue. Great job, guys. G