Sign in to follow this  
pg0412

How do I add flicker images to my main page?

pg0412

I bought this program because it was meant to be easy to use. So far its a nightmare. I can't even figure out how to add an image on the main page. I added the FlickRSS plug in and activated it but nothing changed. Also, there is no direct support. Does anyone know how to go about getting a refund? I'd rather pay someone to work on this for me at this point. Very disappointed.

pg0412

I did read FAQ and it did not help. I installed and activated FlickRSS and not only did it not upload a pic but it created an error on my website not allowing access. Can you tell me how to get even a static pic that I can upload to my front page? It should be simple to do I would assume. Judging from people's comments I'm not the only one having these difficulties particularly with uploading images.

Andrew

Well the frustrations you're having are mostly with WordPress. There are countless resources on how images are handled in WP. Second, if you want flickr images, you can always add plugins and widgets for WordPress that can help you accomplish that. Finally, yes there is a learning curve to everything. The good news is we are here to help you (although I wouldn't start your threads by complaining like you did here.)

Jean-Philippe

@Anthony Pantano : Dear Anthony, I just want to tell you I'm a completely Wordpress beginner and I chose to buy Pagelines Pro theme because it was mentionned to be easy to use. And it really is! I found many answers in the FAQ and this forum, so please take a moment to find the solutions. Finally, I'm very surprised you started this post with such complaining (and little bit agressive from my point of view) altough you're asking for some help!

www.photoreview.fr | www.kankei.fr

bryan-hadaway

Hey Anthony, What is your exact goal and can I get a link also what theme? I understand if you're not interested in learning about building your website, but simply need/want one. In that case you need a pro to do the work for you: http://www.pagelines.com/pros/ And again I'm here to help if I can better understand your goals. If you still need to inquire about a refund please use the form here: http://www.pagelines.com/contact/ Thanks, Bryan

pg0412

Well, generally when one is not happy with a product it is normal to complain. Before I posted, I watched videos and read up on methods of achieving my desired goal. It is not wordpress I'm having a problem with. For instance, the drag and drop menu does not describe what each item is so you don't really know what you are dragging and dropping. Also, I have had many people look at this and everyone gave up even those who are well versed in this area. What is most frustrating is that all the feedback I've been provided with in this forum has not resolved any of my problems with the exception of the advice on how to get a refund. If this was my company, I would provide solutions rather than being upset about the negative feedback. If the program turned out to be helpful, I would have been the first one to post it in this forum. However, that was not the case here.

cmunns

It's particularly hard to find solutions to problems that aren't described in detail. You are having problems with uploading photos, but what kind of problems. Do you get an error? What method are you using? especially as a beginner we can't even be sure you are in the right area.

pg0412

That's my point exactly, this system is not efficient. It's not a personal attack on the company. The only way this could work is if there was a live chat where feedback could be provided directly and immediately. Posting on here and then waiting for a response is an inefficient process. I thought this program was for beginners? When I initially posted my problem, I was attacked for "complaining." If you could have helped, rather than taking my complaints personally, we would not still be having this discussion. At this point, I don't have time to waste on this and have already hired someone for assistance. I am sorry it didn't work out and will be seeking a refund. Unfortunately, my time and efforts have gone to waste. (I understand its a small company, but you should expect some need for assistance from the buyers and there are ways of handling this more adequately).

lmatanich

Anthony, I purchased platformpro with no experience w/ the theme or wordpress (in your same situation, I would imagine). I also was initially frustrated, as I was hoping for immediate results. After two months of learning both, I have a site I'm very happy with. It takes time! The support crew is wonderful with specific issues, but I think you need to start w/ learning the basics of wordpress.