Sign in to follow this  
planet1

Primary Sidebar and Main Content Width

planet1

Hi, I have have my theme set to PlatformBase and have had some success adding CSS code, but he primary sidebar and the main content width don't seem to take the css I set even though if I do it in Firebug the code works fine. What could I be missing? thanks Guy

planet1

Adding to the above, it seems like my css is being displayed (I can see it in Firebug) but is superceded by the css code from /wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/css/dynamic.css?ver=1.2.2 I am not sure that I really want to go edit these files, so what should I do?

Kate

Hey Guy - Do you have a link to your site, please? As for "dynamic.css"... that's the code that's output by the "Custom Code" feature in the settings panel. So, you wouldn't modify that file directly.

planet1

Kate, Many thanks for the reply. My site is still under development so not publicly viewable yet. However I found the Custom Code you refer to and will go and play there. Basically the question remains of how to change the primary sidebar and content widths on the PlatformBase theme? regards Guy

planet1

Well I was headed off in the wrong direction. The widths are set under the Layout Editor in the theme settings.

Kate

Hey Guy - Yes... I apologize for not pointing that out. Glad you noticed it.