Sign in to follow this  
kkrafts

Placing small carousel in sidebar

kkrafts

I would like to place a narrow (obviously) carousel in one of my sidebars. About a month ago, Bryan Hadaway answered a similar question. He suggested placing the following php code into an advanced text widget: <?php if (!defined ('ABSPATH')) die ('No direct access allowed'); ?><?php if (!empty ($gallery)) : ?> <!-- Thumbnails --> <?php foreach ( $images as $image ) : ?> <li id="ngg-image-<?php echo $image->pid ?>" class="list-item ngg-gallery-thumbnail-box" <?php echo $image->style ?> > imageURL ?>" title="<?php echo $image->description ?>" <?php echo $image->thumbcode ?> > <?php if ( !$image->hidden ) { ?> alttext ?>" alt="<?php echo $image->alttext ?>" src="<?php echo $image->thumbnailURL ?>"/> <?php } ?> <?php endforeach; ?> <?php endif; ?> I did that - but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there something else that needs to be done? I will have to mess with making it narrow - but first I need to get it to show up! My site is http://www.pathologystudent.com/ if it matters...

makeylon

As Kate said, you need to have the ability to use php in widgets/posts/pages, etc in order to use php code in them. Personally, I use a plugin called Exec-PHP. That allows me to add php code Pretty much anywhere.

ysdt

Hello, I also tried using the aforementioned PHP code with the php code widget (that Bryan suggested) and the carousel isn't showing up. But, (and I don't know if I should start another thread for this) is it possible to have the carousel align vertically and link to blog posts in a sidebar? I may be asking too much. I tried to find a plugin that would do this. Found some vertical carousels, but I can't seem to link them to the blog post entries. Thanks everyone. Take care, Samar

ysdt

Thank you so much Adam. For some reason when I had downloaded that plugin before (this is a while back) I couldn't get it to work. Now it is working beautifully. Thank you again.